Elusive Diva, unbeaten on the downhill turf course at Santa Anita Park, seeks her fourth win over the unique layout for trainer Mark Glatt in the $100,000 Monrovia Handicap (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares Saturday.
Trainer Ron McAnally says the classy Mea Domina is up to the task despite being sidelined for six months when she faces nine fillies and mares in Saturday's $150,000 Las Palmas Handicap (gr. IIT) at one mile on the Santa Anita turf.
Favored Elusive Diva came off the hillside in a perfect position and drew away in the stretch for a three-length win in the $100,000 Senator Ken Maddy Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the turf Wednesday, opening day of the Oak Tree meeting at Santa Anita.
Elusive Diva won her second stakes on the downhill turf course at Santa Anita this meeting, shooting through an opening at the head of the stretch and drawing off to a four-length victory in the $111,100 Las Cienegas Handicap (gr. IIIT) in stakes-record time.
After a sub-par effort on a sloppy track, Elusive Diva returns to the downhill turf course that she's had success on as the likely favorite in the $100,000-added Las Cienegas Handicap (gr. IIIT) for older fillies at mares at Santa Anita Park Sunday.
Pesci, the speedy 4-year-old filly, and Joe Pesci, the Academy Award-nominated actor who owns a share of the horse, will be at Santa Anita Park Sunday for the $75,000 Santa Lucia Handicap for older fillies and mares at 1 1/16 miles.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Unlocking Winners Kentucky Derby 142 Analysis
- Team Optimistic, Nyquist 'Full of Energy'
- Repole Returns With Outwork for Uncle Mo
- Beholder to Make 2016 Debut in Adoration
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Big Blue Kitten Heads Woodford Turf Classic
- Nancy From Nairobi Wins Royal Heroine
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby