Three-time group I winner Charm Spirit will stand at stud at Tweenhills Farm and Stud in 2015, it was announced Oct. 19.
France-based Charm Spirit denied 2-1 favorite Night of Thunder victory in the QIPCO Queen Elizabeth II Stakes (Eng-I), the latter not getting a clear run until too late Oct. 18 at Ascot.
The sole sophomore classic winner on show at British Champions Day Oct. 18 at Ascot attempts to regain the winning thread for the first time since he won the Qipco Two Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) May 3.
Baltic Baroness, a 22-1 longshot, handed Pomology her first defeat Sept. 14 in winning the Prix Vermeille (Fr-I) by a short head at Longchamp. Defending Arc winner Treve was fourth as the even-money choice.
Star French mare Treve will try to get back her winning ways Sept. 14 in the Qatar Prix Vermeille (Fr-I), a prep for the Qatar Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I), at Longchamp.
Charm Spirit gamely drove through a narrow gap and took the lead late to win the Prix Jean Prat (Fr-I) July 14 at Chantilly.
French Guineas runner-up Prestige Vendome will try to bounce back from his unplaced finish in the French Derby against six rivals in the Prix Jean Prat (Fr-I) July 14 at Longchamp.
Favorite Karakontie dispatched pacesetter Noozhoh Canarias in the closing stages and captured Qatar Prix Jean-Luc Lagardere (Fr-I)-Grand Criterium (Fr-I) Oct. 6 at Longchamp.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert: Dortmund is 'Figuring it Out'
- McCarron Named New Trainer at Merryland Farm
- Unlocking Winners: The Return of Daredevil
- Churchill Weighs In on Its Racing Operations
- Horton Considers Rebel for Take Charge Brandi
- North Dakota May Owe Bankrupt ADW Millions
- Bill Would Allow Dealers at Indiana Racinos
- Local Time Continues Meydan Dominance
- First Foal for Nephrite is Filly
- Greyhound 'Cessation' Bill Sends a Warning