Carnegie Cooke & Co, under its Brazilian brand "betBrasil," reported record pari-mutuel handle for its first simulcast of the Breeders' Cup World Championships.
The pari-mutuel simulcast of the Breeders' Cup World Championships will be offered in Brazil for the first time via Carnegie Cooke & Co., the media and distribution company that offers pari-mutuel services in the country said in a release.
Charlson Broadcast Technologies and affiliated groups have announced the opening South American off-track betting parlors and agencies that will commingle wagers in the United States and return percentages of revenue to the racing industry.
Four companies have joined forces to expand the international wagering market, beginning with a racetrack and its off-track betting outlets in Brazil.
Kevin Goemmer, a longtime track announcer and most recently director of sales and marketing for Charlson Broadcast Technologies, suffered an apparent heart attack and died Jan. 27 in a motor vehicle accident. Goemmer, 48, continued to call races on a fill-in basis, most recently at Turfway Park, and was regarded as one of the best in the business.
Most Popular Stories
- Palace Malice Sustains Minor Foot Bruise
- Upgraded Marine Gives Canada 44 Graded Stakes
- Ties Atop TJC's Experimental Free Handicaps
- Penn National Gaming Reports Losses for 2014
- NTRA Meets With Treasury on Withholding Taxes
- That Handicapping Show: The Martha Washington
- Belle Gallantey Looks for More in Ladies 'Cap
- PA Breeders Offering Stallion Season Auction
- NJ Breeders Holding Online Season Auction
- Talented Field Assembles for the Sam F. Davis