Carnegie Cooke & Co, under its Brazilian brand "betBrasil," reported record pari-mutuel handle for its first simulcast of the Breeders' Cup World Championships.
The pari-mutuel simulcast of the Breeders' Cup World Championships will be offered in Brazil for the first time via Carnegie Cooke & Co., the media and distribution company that offers pari-mutuel services in the country said in a release.
Charlson Broadcast Technologies and affiliated groups have announced the opening South American off-track betting parlors and agencies that will commingle wagers in the United States and return percentages of revenue to the racing industry.
Four companies have joined forces to expand the international wagering market, beginning with a racetrack and its off-track betting outlets in Brazil.
Kevin Goemmer, a longtime track announcer and most recently director of sales and marketing for Charlson Broadcast Technologies, suffered an apparent heart attack and died Jan. 27 in a motor vehicle accident. Goemmer, 48, continued to call races on a fill-in basis, most recently at Turfway Park, and was regarded as one of the best in the business.
Most Popular Stories
- Genuine Reward to Old Friends
- Delaware Park Latest Track to Boot Vazquez
- Homecoming Classic Renamed to Honor Lukas
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Full Training
- Dept. of Labor Files Suit Against Asmussen
- Crown Champ American Pharoah Returns to Work
- KY Breeders' Incentive Fund Changes Approved
- British Steeplechaser Kauto Star Euthanized
- Summer Select Sales Guide: In the Details
- Zindaya Stretches Out in Perfect Sting Stakes