Carnegie Cooke & Co, under its Brazilian brand "betBrasil," reported record pari-mutuel handle for its first simulcast of the Breeders' Cup World Championships.
The pari-mutuel simulcast of the Breeders' Cup World Championships will be offered in Brazil for the first time via Carnegie Cooke & Co., the media and distribution company that offers pari-mutuel services in the country said in a release.
Charlson Broadcast Technologies and affiliated groups have announced the opening South American off-track betting parlors and agencies that will commingle wagers in the United States and return percentages of revenue to the racing industry.
Four companies have joined forces to expand the international wagering market, beginning with a racetrack and its off-track betting outlets in Brazil.
Kevin Goemmer, a longtime track announcer and most recently director of sales and marketing for Charlson Broadcast Technologies, suffered an apparent heart attack and died Jan. 27 in a motor vehicle accident. Goemmer, 48, continued to call races on a fill-in basis, most recently at Turfway Park, and was regarded as one of the best in the business.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- California Chrome Shines Again in San Felipe
- Palace Malice Returns a Winner in GP Handicap
- Featured Horse Profile: Palace Malice
- Ring Weekend Springs Tampa Bay Derby Upset
- Sahara Sky Storms to Second San Carlos Win
- Indian Charlie Son Drills Fast Furlong at OBS
- Winning Prize Streaks Home in Kilroe Mile
- Euphrosyne Elevated to Honeybee Victory
- Top Billing Off Derby Trail With Fracture