Carnegie Cooke & Co, under its Brazilian brand "betBrasil," reported record pari-mutuel handle for its first simulcast of the Breeders' Cup World Championships.
The pari-mutuel simulcast of the Breeders' Cup World Championships will be offered in Brazil for the first time via Carnegie Cooke & Co., the media and distribution company that offers pari-mutuel services in the country said in a release.
Charlson Broadcast Technologies and affiliated groups have announced the opening South American off-track betting parlors and agencies that will commingle wagers in the United States and return percentages of revenue to the racing industry.
Four companies have joined forces to expand the international wagering market, beginning with a racetrack and its off-track betting outlets in Brazil.
Kevin Goemmer, a longtime track announcer and most recently director of sales and marketing for Charlson Broadcast Technologies, suffered an apparent heart attack and died Jan. 27 in a motor vehicle accident. Goemmer, 48, continued to call races on a fill-in basis, most recently at Turfway Park, and was regarded as one of the best in the business.
Most Popular Stories
- No Dice for Massachusetts Racing, Breeding
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- Suffolk Downs Loses Casino Bid on 3-1 Vote
- Is California Chrome Vulnerable in PA Derby?
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Injury Forces Sea The Moon's Retirement
- What's Going On Here: Solid at the Core
- 'Gold Hopes to Keep Churchill Record Intact
- Global Sprint Challenge: Winner = Racing?
- Keeping Pace: Galileo Proving Up to Challenge