Art Sherman, Cot Campbell, Charlsie Cantey, and Blood-Horse's Tom LaMarra are the winners for the 55th annual awards dinner of the National Turf Writers and Broadcasters association, to be held Oct. 29 in Arcadia, Ca.
Barbara Banke, who operates Stonestreet Stables, and retired broadcaster Charlsie Cantey have been appointed to the board of trustees of the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame.
Dr. Dean Richardson and jockey Edgar Prado will be presented with the Special Award of Merit as part of this year's Preakness media awards during the annual Alibi Breakfast in the terrace dining room at Pimlico Race Course May 17, the Maryland Jockey Club announced Friday.
Retired jockey Gary Stevens has officially joined NBC Sports' broadcasting team, according to his manager, Kelly Weitsma. The Hall of Fame rider finalized a long-term deal with NBC earlier this month, and will co-host the network's horse racing coverage along with broadcasting veteran Tom Hammond.
NBC sportscaster Tom Hammond, who has worked on all 18 Breeders' Cup programs to date, will appear on Saturday's telecast from home while recovering from heart surgery.
Women in Racing excerpt for week of Sept. 8.
Del Mar Thoroughbred Club's premier event -- the $1,000,000 Pacific Classic -- once again will be televised by ESPN when it is presented for the 11th time at the shore track on Sunday, August 19.
Most Popular Stories
- Palace Malice Interest Sold, May Race Again
- 'Chrome' Eyes BC Classic, Bayern Has Options
- Beholder Fires Bullet for Zenyatta Defense
- Guillot, Jerkens Like Chances in Gold Cup
- Shared Belief Works Toward Awesome Again
- Wise Dan Preps for Shadwell Turf Mile
- Believe You Can to Fasig-Tipton Sale
- Twirling Candy Colt Leads Tattersalls Sale
- Suffolk Downs Adds Race Day for Tribute
- Fasig-Tipton Catalogs 1,236 for October Sale