Having recently completed its first season under the leadership of new owner Boyd Gaming, Evangeline Downs Racetrack & Casino will conduct its annual 2-year-old-in-training sale March 9.
The 11th edition of the John Franks Memorial 2-year-old in training sale recorded solid results.
Stemmans Inc. and Evangeline Downs Racetrack and Casino officials announced that 93 juveniles have been cataloged for the John Franks Memorial 2-year-olds in training sale March 17.
The John Franks Memorial sale of 2-year-olds in training posted increases of 37.1% in gross and 14.9% in average price from a year ago at Evangeline Downs Racetrack & Casino in Louisiana March 25.
Officials at Evangeline Downs and sales administrator Stemmans Inc. announced that 134 juveniles--the same number as in 2011--have been cataloged for the John Franks Memorial 2-year-old in training sale at Evangeline Downs.
The ninth edition of the auction will be held March 20, beginning at 10:00 a.m. (CDT).
The auction is scheduled for March 21 at Evangeline Downs Racetrack & Casino in Louisiana.
Iknowuthinkimsexy became the sale topper at the March 18 John Franks Memorial 2-year-old in training and paddock sale and the highest-priced horse in the sale's five year history at Evangeline Downs when she fetched a winning bid of $135,000. Though the sale sold more 2-year-olds this year, averages dipped slightly.
Most Popular Stories
- Through the Lens: Wise Dan Photo Gets Award
- Subjective vs. Objective Lameness Identification Methods
- First Reported Foal for Rattlesnake Bridge
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- 'Chrome' Tops U.S. Nominees for World Cup
- Jockey Chapa Faces Felony Race-Fixing Charges
- New Leadership Coming for Illinois Board
- Flashy Performances at OBS Day of Champions
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for Jan. 27, 2015
- Nerud Homebred Colt Wins at Big A