Having recently completed its first season under the leadership of new owner Boyd Gaming, Evangeline Downs Racetrack & Casino will conduct its annual 2-year-old-in-training sale March 9.
The 11th edition of the John Franks Memorial 2-year-old in training sale recorded solid results.
Stemmans Inc. and Evangeline Downs Racetrack and Casino officials announced that 93 juveniles have been cataloged for the John Franks Memorial 2-year-olds in training sale March 17.
The John Franks Memorial sale of 2-year-olds in training posted increases of 37.1% in gross and 14.9% in average price from a year ago at Evangeline Downs Racetrack & Casino in Louisiana March 25.
Officials at Evangeline Downs and sales administrator Stemmans Inc. announced that 134 juveniles--the same number as in 2011--have been cataloged for the John Franks Memorial 2-year-old in training sale at Evangeline Downs.
The ninth edition of the auction will be held March 20, beginning at 10:00 a.m. (CDT).
The auction is scheduled for March 21 at Evangeline Downs Racetrack & Casino in Louisiana.
Iknowuthinkimsexy became the sale topper at the March 18 John Franks Memorial 2-year-old in training and paddock sale and the highest-priced horse in the sale's five year history at Evangeline Downs when she fetched a winning bid of $135,000. Though the sale sold more 2-year-olds this year, averages dipped slightly.
Most Popular Stories
- Chuck Borell Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- Limousine Liberal Seeks Graded Score in Smile
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Red Rifle Aims to Repeat in Dominion Day
- Recruiting Ready Signs on for Bashford Manor
- Birdatthewire Makes Gulfstream Return