In Saturday's $200,000 Maryland Million Classic at Laurel Park, 2002 winner Docent will try to join Timely Warning (1990 & 1991) and Algar (1997 & 1998) as back-to-back winners of the race. The Classic is the headline event of a day featuring 11 stakes races and purses of $1,025,000.
Eleven older males who have combined to win 81 races and over $3 million have entered Sunday's $100,000 John B. Campbell Handicap at Laurel Park.
Apprentice jockey Ryan Fogelsonger turned in one of the best rides of his young career, waiting to find somewhere to go and striking at the perfect time to win the $75,000 Native Dancer Stakes aboard local favorite P Day Saturday at Laurel Park.
Born on Preakness Day in 1995, P Day has an unusual bond with the Maryland racing community.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- California Chrome Sharpens Up at Los Alamitos
- Hootenanny, The Wow Signal to Meet in France
- Bayern Gallops 1 1/2 Miles On Eve of Travers
- Byron Hughes is Farm Manager of the Year
- Game Sole Power Finds Gap Late in Nunthorpe
- Pat O'Brien Deja Vu for Fed Biz, Goldencents
- Pedigree Analysis: Bayern
- BHA Levies Heavy Penalties Against Three
- Stryker Phd Smart Choice in Longacres Mile