In Saturday's $200,000 Maryland Million Classic at Laurel Park, 2002 winner Docent will try to join Timely Warning (1990 & 1991) and Algar (1997 & 1998) as back-to-back winners of the race. The Classic is the headline event of a day featuring 11 stakes races and purses of $1,025,000.
Eleven older males who have combined to win 81 races and over $3 million have entered Sunday's $100,000 John B. Campbell Handicap at Laurel Park.
Apprentice jockey Ryan Fogelsonger turned in one of the best rides of his young career, waiting to find somewhere to go and striking at the perfect time to win the $75,000 Native Dancer Stakes aboard local favorite P Day Saturday at Laurel Park.
Born on Preakness Day in 1995, P Day has an unusual bond with the Maryland racing community.
Most Popular Stories
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Capps' Death is Big Loss to Louisville Equine Program
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Brisk Activity Bodes Well for OBS Spring Sale
- Goldikova, Espinoza Among Hall of Fame Inductees
- Nichols Canyon Connections Pointing for Iroquois Bonus
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Spending Time With New Trainer Kent Sweezey
- OBS Hips to Watch Include Tapwrit's Half Brother