In Saturday's $200,000 Maryland Million Classic at Laurel Park, 2002 winner Docent will try to join Timely Warning (1990 & 1991) and Algar (1997 & 1998) as back-to-back winners of the race. The Classic is the headline event of a day featuring 11 stakes races and purses of $1,025,000.
Eleven older males who have combined to win 81 races and over $3 million have entered Sunday's $100,000 John B. Campbell Handicap at Laurel Park.
Apprentice jockey Ryan Fogelsonger turned in one of the best rides of his young career, waiting to find somewhere to go and striking at the perfect time to win the $75,000 Native Dancer Stakes aboard local favorite P Day Saturday at Laurel Park.
Born on Preakness Day in 1995, P Day has an unusual bond with the Maryland racing community.
Most Popular Stories
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Tampa Bay Downs Ready for Summer Festival
- Thoroughbred Makeover Tickets Now for Sale
- No Horses Injured in Pennsylvania Barn Fire
- PA House Panel Passes Breeding Fund Revisions
- Major Expansion Planned for Aqueduct Casino
- What's Going On Here: Internal Forces
- Cuomo Administration Fires Back at Criticism