Despite a workers' compensation crisis, California trainers continued to enter horses for weekend programs in the state. But officials are concerned about the ramifications if the situation isn't resolved soon.
- By Tom LaMarra
Various industry groups continue to work together to alleviate the workers' compensation crisis in California. Current contracts held by about 300 trainers in the state were set to expire March 1.
Most Popular Stories
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Del Mar to Pay Out Consolations for Pick 6
- End of Road for ‘Claiming Rule’ Challenge
- Woolf Award Finalists Announced
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Thoroughbred Makeover Accepting Applications
- Casse Mulls Derby Path for Classic Empire
- Greatbullsoffire Tops Futurity
- Bowman Wins Hong Kong Jockey Championship
- Innovative Wagers Help Racetracks with Handle