Daniel Ryan's Forest Park stalked the pace, took the lead in the stretch and held off a rival's late bid to win the $100,000 Monmouth University Stakes Oct. 25, a sprint that was moved from turf to the main track because of heavy rain at Monmouth Park.
Monmouth Park celebrated the 5th annual New Jersey Thoroughbred Festival Aug. 26 as 15,568 fans watched Carrots Only run down pacesetter Fagedaboudit Sal to post a neck victory in the featured $135,000 Charles Hesse Jersey Breeders' Handicap.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- The Player to Return on Churchill's Closing Night