Strong 11th session Sept. 19 at the Keeneland September yearling sale kept the auction on pace to produce higher overall average and median.
Trainer Wesley Ward, who saddled a 2-year-old stakes winner at the Royal Ascot meet, demonstrate his prowess with juveniles again June 20 at Belmont Park, sending out Bessie's Boy to a six-length victory in the Tremont.
A $250,000 son of Indian Charlie was the highest-priced horse that had been sold as of 4 p.m. (EDT) during the third and final session of the Fasig-Tipton October yearling sale.
A chilly Tuesday morning on the Churchill Downs backstretch brought out the warmth in the heart of B. Wayne Hughes. The owner of possible dual Kentucky Derby (gr. I) entrants Greeley's Galaxy and Don't Get Mad matched Afleet Alex's majority owner/partner Charles Zacney bid for bid, landing a 2006 no guarantee season right to Afleet Alex's sire Northern Afleet--all in the name of charity.
Most Popular Stories
- Barretts Sale Features Wide Selection
- Strangles Leads to ThistleDown Quarantine
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Havre de Grace Half Sister Wins at Delaware
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Suddenbreakingnews Works, Bound for Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- An Early Look at the Belmont Stakes
- PDJF Derby Day Fundraiser Raised Over $40,000