Strong 11th session Sept. 19 at the Keeneland September yearling sale kept the auction on pace to produce higher overall average and median.
Trainer Wesley Ward, who saddled a 2-year-old stakes winner at the Royal Ascot meet, demonstrate his prowess with juveniles again June 20 at Belmont Park, sending out Bessie's Boy to a six-length victory in the Tremont.
A $250,000 son of Indian Charlie was the highest-priced horse that had been sold as of 4 p.m. (EDT) during the third and final session of the Fasig-Tipton October yearling sale.
A chilly Tuesday morning on the Churchill Downs backstretch brought out the warmth in the heart of B. Wayne Hughes. The owner of possible dual Kentucky Derby (gr. I) entrants Greeley's Galaxy and Don't Get Mad matched Afleet Alex's majority owner/partner Charles Zacney bid for bid, landing a 2006 no guarantee season right to Afleet Alex's sire Northern Afleet--all in the name of charity.
Most Popular Stories
- Early Nominees to Triple Crown Races Increase
- Far Right Works, Confirmed for Southwest
- Futura Powerful J&B Met Winner at Kenilworth
- Complete List of Triple Crown Nominees
- Aqueduct Cancels Racing for Saturday, Jan. 31
- Leave the Light On Off Derby Trail
- The Legacy of Gone West
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23
- Honor Code, Top Billing Near 4YO Debuts
- Withers Favorite El Kabeir Breezes at Belmont