Strong 11th session Sept. 19 at the Keeneland September yearling sale kept the auction on pace to produce higher overall average and median.
Trainer Wesley Ward, who saddled a 2-year-old stakes winner at the Royal Ascot meet, demonstrate his prowess with juveniles again June 20 at Belmont Park, sending out Bessie's Boy to a six-length victory in the Tremont.
A $250,000 son of Indian Charlie was the highest-priced horse that had been sold as of 4 p.m. (EDT) during the third and final session of the Fasig-Tipton October yearling sale.
A chilly Tuesday morning on the Churchill Downs backstretch brought out the warmth in the heart of B. Wayne Hughes. The owner of possible dual Kentucky Derby (gr. I) entrants Greeley's Galaxy and Don't Get Mad matched Afleet Alex's majority owner/partner Charles Zacney bid for bid, landing a 2006 no guarantee season right to Afleet Alex's sire Northern Afleet--all in the name of charity.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Suffolk Downs Applies for Six 2017 Race Dates
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- NYRA Sanctioned for Aqueduct Water Pollution
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- New Santa Anita Turf Course Passes First Test