Gold Cup at Santa Anita, Gamely, Charles Whittingham, Monrovia, , All American, Lone Star Park Handicap, Winning Colors, Arlington Classic, Daytona, Red Bank, Japanese Derby, Sha Tin Vase, Nassau, Marine, and more.
The Santa Anita Handicap became the West Coast's most prestigious racing event by consistently bringing out the best people and horses. The race's history has been dotted with gritty campaigners who just don't give up.
The 72nd running of the $500,000 Hollywood Gold Cup (gr. I) tops a stakes schedule worth more than $5.2 million during the 2011 spring/summer meet at Hollywood Park.
The first reported foal by multiple grade I winner After Market, a chestnut filly, arrived at Lane's End's Oak Tree Division Jan. 12. She is the first foal out of the Lemon Drop Kid mare Flashbulb.
Artiste Royal, who had only one win in 13 lifetime starts on U.S. soil, broke through with a gutsy effort in the $300,000 Charles Whittingham Memorial Handicap (gr. IT) June 7 at Hollywood Park, holding off a trio of horses in the final yards to score by a neck under David Flores.
Beaten by a nose as the 2-5 favorite in the Jim Murray Memorial Handicap (gr. IIT) one month ago, Champs Elysees tries to atone in the $300,000 Charles Whittingham Memorial Handicap (gr. IT) on the Hollywood Park turf course June 7.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- Crawdaddy Two-For-Two After NYSS Score
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Lady Eli, Cloud Computing Among Workers for Brown
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Satono Crown Surges to Victory in Takarazuka Kinen
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory