Charlotte Weber's Verbasle, dam of 2005 grade I winner High Fly, was euthanized Aug. 16 at Hagyard Equine Medical Institute because of complications from laminitis.
Summing, who in winning the 1981 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) quashed Pleasant Colony's bid to win the Triple Crown, has been pensioned at Getaway Farms near Romoland, Calif. The 25-year-old stallion was bred to just three mares this year.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Ferndale Racetrack OK After Earthquake