Charlotte Weber's Verbasle, dam of 2005 grade I winner High Fly, was euthanized Aug. 16 at Hagyard Equine Medical Institute because of complications from laminitis.
Summing, who in winning the 1981 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) quashed Pleasant Colony's bid to win the Triple Crown, has been pensioned at Getaway Farms near Romoland, Calif. The 25-year-old stallion was bred to just three mares this year.
Most Popular Stories
- Red Rifle Aims to Repeat in Dominion Day
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Morris to Ride Mongolian Saturday in July Cup
- Regulators Consider Out-of-Competition Rule
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- 375 Yearlings Cataloged for Arqana Sale
- Zenyatta Bottle to Benefit Old Friends