Charlotte Weber's Verbasle, dam of 2005 grade I winner High Fly, was euthanized Aug. 16 at Hagyard Equine Medical Institute because of complications from laminitis.
Summing, who in winning the 1981 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) quashed Pleasant Colony's bid to win the Triple Crown, has been pensioned at Getaway Farms near Romoland, Calif. The 25-year-old stallion was bred to just three mares this year.
Most Popular Stories
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Lady Eli Showing Improvement From Laminitis
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- Desormeaux Failed Breathalyzer at Del Mar
- Untapable Looks for Shuvee Relief
- First Winners for Pair of Louisiana Stallions
- Gimme Da Lute Brings Class to Real Good Deal
- Emerald Downs to Unveil New Video Screen
- Protonico Heads Monmouth Cup Stakes Cast
- His Race to Win Seeking Repeat in Seagram Cup