Charlotte Weber's Verbasle, dam of 2005 grade I winner High Fly, was euthanized Aug. 16 at Hagyard Equine Medical Institute because of complications from laminitis.
Summing, who in winning the 1981 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) quashed Pleasant Colony's bid to win the Triple Crown, has been pensioned at Getaway Farms near Romoland, Calif. The 25-year-old stallion was bred to just three mares this year.
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- NY Proposes Sweeping Equine Drug, Record Rules
- Summer Front's First Foal is a Filly
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- Fair Grounds, Horsemen Rise to Challenge