Progeny of leading sire Var dominated South Africa's premier day of sprints at Scottsville racecourse May 24.
Favored Happy Valentine proved a classy winner of South Africa's Allan Robertson Championship May 25, one of four group I sprints at 1,200 meters at Scottsville Racecourse in Kwa Zulu Natal.
The Conrad Jupiters Magic Millions yearling sale has been a happy hunting ground for South African trainer Charles Laird, who led the buyers during Thursday's first session on the Gold Coast in Australia.
The momentum slowed, only just enough for everyone to catch their collective breaths, but still earnest bidding highlighted day 4 on a balmy Sunday at the Magic Millions Yearling Sale in Australia.
Another record was smashed during Saturday's day three of the Magic Millions Yearling Sale in Australia when Graeme Rogerson bought a massive, speed-looking colt by Red Ransom from Savannah Success for $1,550,000 from Magic Millions co-owner Gerry Harvey.
Most Popular Stories
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Date Set for 2017 Maryland Million Day
- F-T Saratoga Offering 12 From Scat Daddy's Last Crop
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- 'Free Fridays' at National Museum of Racing
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win