Progeny of leading sire Var dominated South Africa's premier day of sprints at Scottsville racecourse May 24.
Favored Happy Valentine proved a classy winner of South Africa's Allan Robertson Championship May 25, one of four group I sprints at 1,200 meters at Scottsville Racecourse in Kwa Zulu Natal.
The Conrad Jupiters Magic Millions yearling sale has been a happy hunting ground for South African trainer Charles Laird, who led the buyers during Thursday's first session on the Gold Coast in Australia.
The momentum slowed, only just enough for everyone to catch their collective breaths, but still earnest bidding highlighted day 4 on a balmy Sunday at the Magic Millions Yearling Sale in Australia.
Another record was smashed during Saturday's day three of the Magic Millions Yearling Sale in Australia when Graeme Rogerson bought a massive, speed-looking colt by Red Ransom from Savannah Success for $1,550,000 from Magic Millions co-owner Gerry Harvey.
Most Popular Stories
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- F-T October Sale Gains Across Board at Opener
- Rockingham Park Selling Most of Stable Area
- Sweet Reason Set for BC Filly and Mare Sprint
- Claimer Seeking the Sherif Reaches BC Sprint
- Two-Time Champion Beholder Out of BC Distaff
- Jockeys' Guild, RTCA Set Up Saez Family Fund
- Bullet Move for Likely BC Juvenile Favorite
- U.S. Juvenile Turf Fillies Await Euro Attack
- F-T October Yearling Sale Recap Day 1