Citing across-the-board increases in all product lines during the first half of its 54-day season, Oaklawn officials announced March 6 a purse increase that will go into effect immediately. Through the first 27 days, Oaklawn was up in attendance, on-track handle and export handle.
Veteran campaigner Crafty Shaw reached the front on the final turn and refused to yield to pressure from Apt to Be to record his 15th career win in Saturday's $100,000 Hanshin Cup Handicap (gr. III) at Arlington Park.
Oaklawn Park will increase purses for all non-stakes races by $1,500 through closing day, April 10, Eric Jackson, the general manager of Oaklawn Park, announced Saturday.
Keeneland's closing-day feature, the $150,000-added Fayette Stakes (gr. III), brings out a tight-knit field of five, ready to run 1 1/8 mile on the main track.
Most Popular Stories
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- Pereira Taken to Hospital After SA Spill
- Materiality New KY Derby Shooter for Pletcher
- California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot
- Daredevil, Frosted Post Final Works for Wood
- Prince Bishop Denies U.S. Runners in Dubai
- 'Pharoah' Speedy in First Workout After Rebel
- FL Derby Day Sets Handle Record
- State Control of NYRA Extended Another Year
- Unbeaten Materiality Secures Florida Derby