A Pittsburgh developer who is planning a Thoroughbred track in partnership with Churchill Downs has announced he will not seek license for a stand-alone gaming facility in the Pennsylvania city.
Churchill Downs Incorporated and developer Charles J. Betters announced Tuesday that they have entered into a letter of intent in which CDI will be a partner and investor with Betters in the construction and development of Pittsburgh Palisades Park, a Thoroughbred racetrack operation proposed for the Hays area of Pittsburgh's south side.
Most Popular Stories
- Gala Award: Not Your Typical Turf Pedigree
- Downey Appointed to Judicial Position in KY
- Former Jockey Davis Focus of HRTV Documentary
- Trainer D'Angelo Dies at 55
- Winter Not a Serious Threat to Eastern Tent Caterpillar Eggs
- Xpressbet to Sponsor HOF Jockey Challenge
- Leishmaniasis: No Longer Just a Foreign Animal Disease
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes