A Pittsburgh developer who is planning a Thoroughbred track in partnership with Churchill Downs has announced he will not seek license for a stand-alone gaming facility in the Pennsylvania city.
Churchill Downs Incorporated and developer Charles J. Betters announced Tuesday that they have entered into a letter of intent in which CDI will be a partner and investor with Betters in the construction and development of Pittsburgh Palisades Park, a Thoroughbred racetrack operation proposed for the Hays area of Pittsburgh's south side.
Most Popular Stories
- Mor Spirit Unlikely to Take FL Derby Path
- Aqueduct Cancels Live Racing for Feb. 14
- Plan for Timonium OTB Parlor Causes a Stir
- Ziconic Set for Debut at Santa Anita
- Calculator Wins in Santa Anita Return
- Frank Conversation Wins El Camino Real Derby
- East Vs. West in Second Derby Future Wager
- Airoforce, Mo Tom Top Risen Star
- Tepin Flawless in Endeavour