A Pittsburgh developer who is planning a Thoroughbred track in partnership with Churchill Downs has announced he will not seek license for a stand-alone gaming facility in the Pennsylvania city.
Churchill Downs Incorporated and developer Charles J. Betters announced Tuesday that they have entered into a letter of intent in which CDI will be a partner and investor with Betters in the construction and development of Pittsburgh Palisades Park, a Thoroughbred racetrack operation proposed for the Hays area of Pittsburgh's south side.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity, Constitution Head Clark
- Indiana Trainer Facing Three-Year Suspension
- American Pharoah Touted in Derby Future Wager
- Sweeping New Drug Rules Approved in New York
- Voting Open for Secretariat Vox Populi Award
- Penn National Postpones Big Wednesday Card
- Millennium Releases Stallion Roster, Fees
- TAA Accredits 19 Aftercare Organizations
- Old Friends Sets Open House for Silver Charm
- Hoppertunity Gets Churchill Chance in Clark