On Jan. 14, 2014 Seabiscuit's stud barn, located at Ridgewood Ranch in Willits, Calif., officially was listed in the U.S. National Register of Historic Places.
An effort is being made to disinter Hall of Famer Noor and transfer the horse's remains to Old Friends near Georgetown, Ky. read blog
Bronze Sea, a filly descended from Seabiscuit, was foaled at Tim and Jacqueline Cooper's American Legend Horse Farm in Northern California on May 23.
After an absence of more than 55 years, a life-sized bronze sculpture of the legendary American racehorse Seabiscuit is coming back to its original home in the Northern California.
Shoes worn by 1973 Triple Crown winner Secretariat and the legendary Seabiscuit will be auctioned by Illinois-based auction house Mastronet Inc. starting April 5.
"Spider-Man" star Tobey Maguire has signed on to play jockey Red Pollard, who piloted the fabled Depression era horse Seabiscuit, in the major motion picture release of the Laura Hillenbrand book "Seabiscuit: An American Legend."
When Lori Fisher was hired as the curator of collections at the National Museum of Racing last summer, there was no mention that her new position would involve intrigue, amateur sleuthing, and solving a mysterious 50-year-old theft.
Most Popular Stories
- Pedigree Analysis: Olympia
- Laurel Cancels Racing Due to Water Main Break
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- 'Evolution of Racing' Approaches in Lexington
- Main Sequence Class of Loaded United Nations
- Filly First Winner for Here Comes Ben
- New Whip Rule's First Day No Problem in SoCal
- KY Horse Park Transitioning to Black Fences
- Los Alamitos Enjoys Opening-Day Handle Spike
- Java's War Seeks Elusive Win in Singspiel