The Louisiana State Racing Commission has concluded that no further action is needed in the case involving the former grade I winner Monzante who broke down and was euthanized following a race at Evangeline Downs July 20.
The executive director of the Louisiana State Racing Commission said state veterinarians who examined Monzante following his breakdown in a July 20 race at Evangeline Downs determined the gelding was salvageable.
The Louisiana State Racing Commission took steps Aug. 25 to ban exogenous steroids. The rules could become effective before Jan. 1.
Louisiana-based jockey Joe Patin Jr. was arrested Feb. 29 in Beaux Bridge, La., on charges including possession of crack cocaine and reckless driving.
After the Louisiana Senate Commerce Committee struck down the Louisiana State Racing Commission's adoption of the Racing Medication and Testing Consortium model rules for medication Feb. 11, the commission is yet to decide its next move.
The Louisiana Racing Commission on Friday upheld trainer Cole Norman's six-month suspension and $1,000 fine for two separate incidents late last year involving total carbon dioxide violations.
Trainer Cole Norman was suspended for six months and fined $1,000 by the Delta Downs stewards after two horses he saddled in the Jean Lafitte Stakes Nov. 3 at Delta Downs tested in excess of the permitted levels of total carbon dioxide (TCO2).
Most Popular Stories
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- Golden Gate Winter/Spring Meet Starts Dec. 26
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Intriguing Maidens in MD Juvenile Futurity
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos
- Happy Holidays From Blood-Horse Publications
- Ohio-Bred Fund to Top $5 Million in 2015