When Hall of Fame trainer Roger Attfield compares Perfect Soul to a former Triple Crown winner, you know the horse must be something special. The 5-year-old heads Sunday's field in the 1 3/8-mile Chinese Cultural Center Stakes (Can-II) at Woodbine.
Charles Fipke's Irish homebred Perfect Soul wound up for his late bid from the far outside in the final turn and went on to tally an easy 2 1/2-length victory over Strut the Stage in Sunday's $336,000 King Edward Breeders' Cup Handicap (Can-IIT) on the Woodbine turf.
Barretts shattered a world record Tuesday when it sold a flashy chestnut son of Sea of Secrets for $2.7 million at its March select sale of 2-year-olds in training. But the Southern California auction lost some of its luster when nearly half of the horses it offered failed to find new homes.
With six victories this year, including four stakes tallies, Bruno Schickedanz's Wake At Noon appears ready to take on the world's best at Arlington Park in the Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Day By Day
- Stars of the Oaks: Blind Luck
- Records Fall at 'Phenomenal' OBS Spring Sale
- Seven Derby Hopefuls Bred Outside Kentucky
- That Handicapping Show: Derby Trial Stakes
- Arizona Bill Legalizing ADW Sent to Governor
- Kentucky Derby and Oaks Daily Updates
- Cairo Prince Scheduled for Ankle Surgery
- Proctor Sends Out Sharp Pair in Wilshire 'Cap
- Inimitable Romanee Earns Upset Nod in Bewitch