At 10:35 a.m. (local Central time), D.G. Van Clief Jr. walked to the microphone in the Lone Star Park winner's circle and the Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships officially began.
The Lone Star Park Charitable Foundation for Grand Prairie distributed $102,000 to 19 Grand Prairie, Tex. charities on Tuesday during a brief ceremony at Lone Star Park at Grand Prairie.
Grand Prairie (Texas) mayor Charles England signed an agreement on June 28 with Lone Star Park to grant the North Texas racetrack $2.9 million for facility improvements in order to host a future Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships.
Most Popular Stories
- Aldous Snow Repeats in Singspiel Stakes
- Strut the Course Edges Favorite at Woodbine
- Front-Runner Dogwood Trail Blossoms in Azalea
- Shaman Ghost Rallies to Take Queen's Plate
- Nutan Easy Winner of German Derby
- Favorites Dominate on Louisiana Legends Night
- Jockey Gonzalez Posts Career Victory 3,000
- Lady Eli Sparkles in Belmont Oaks
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Big Blue Kitten Takes United Nations