At 10:35 a.m. (local Central time), D.G. Van Clief Jr. walked to the microphone in the Lone Star Park winner's circle and the Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships officially began.
The Lone Star Park Charitable Foundation for Grand Prairie distributed $102,000 to 19 Grand Prairie, Tex. charities on Tuesday during a brief ceremony at Lone Star Park at Grand Prairie.
Grand Prairie (Texas) mayor Charles England signed an agreement on June 28 with Lone Star Park to grant the North Texas racetrack $2.9 million for facility improvements in order to host a future Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- What's Going On Here: Next Up
- Stakes Winners Featured in Del Mar Paddock Sale
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- Z Capital Partners Purchases Parent Company of DRF
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win