The California Horse Racing Board finally gave approval to a Northern California fair racing dates program for 2010 during its meeting at Santa Anita Park Jan. 15, though not everyone was happy with the much-delayed action.
Claiming a horse would no longer be a blanket "buyer beware" scenario under a rule amendment approved for a 45-day public comment period by the California Horse Racing Board Oct. 15.
The California Horse Racing Board will begin enforcing a regulation prohibiting the use of front toe grabs exceeding four millimeters in length after commissioners voted Feb. 22 to reverse their decision last month to ignore the rule.
The California State Fair board plans to swap its Thoroughbred meet this summer for harness racing.
Use of alkalizing agents -- so-called "milkshakes" -- on horses would be illegal under a new regulation proposed Sept. 15 to the California Horse Racing Board.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- OBS Spring Sale Catalog Now Available Online