Suspended trainer Rick Dutrow Jr. has filed a federal lawsuit that argues the Association of Racing Commissioners overstepped its bounds when it encouraged New York regulators to review his license.
A New York trainer has been fined $500 by state regulators for verbally harassing a veterinarian and her assistant following a drug test on a horse last March at Belmont racetrack.
New York regulators revoked Rick Dutrow's license for at least 10 years and fined him $50,000 for what they said has been a pattern of rules violations by the controversial trainer.
A new member of the New York State Racing and Wagering Board has been approved by the state Senate, but not without the usual dose of partisan wrangling at the state Capitol.
Gov. David Paterson has recommended Charles Diamond to a state board with vast regulatory authority over New York's racing and gambling industries.
Most Popular Stories
- Mr Speaker Skims to Dania Beach Surprise
- Strapping Groom Much the Best in Gravesend
- Full Field to Meet Flashback in Malibu Stakes
- Cyber Secret Sets Turfway Mark in Stakes Win
- Baker to Head Operations at Three Chimneys
- Slideshow: A Visit to WinStar Farm
- Eluisve Gold Surprises Cape Guineas Field
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- Santa Anita Reducing Takeout on Daily Double