With his Eclipse Award for male sprinter awarded Jan. 21, Drefong joins Lost in the Fog (2005), Trinniberg (2012), and Runhappy (2015) as the only 3-year-olds who earned the honor this century.
Charles Chu of Baoma Corporation, owner of TwinSpires Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) winner Drefong, has donated $20,000 to Old Friends Thoroughbred retirement farms.
Charles Chu's Drefong broke alertly from the outside in a field of 12, took the lead, and never faltered en route to victory in the $500,000 Ketel One King's Bishop (gr. I) Aug. 27 at Saratoga Race Course.
Super Ninety Nine rolled to an 11 1/4-length win in the $300,000 Southwest Stakes (gr. III) Feb. 18 for Susan and Charles Chu's Tanma Corporation, muddling the 3-year-old picture even more.
Most Popular Stories
- McCraken to Miss Tampa Bay Derby With Ankle Strain
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - February 28, 2017
- Favorable Reviews of Fasig-Tipton Under Tack Show
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Five Share Fastest Time in Fasig-Tipton Sale Works
- Honorable Duty Latest Big Winner for Walsh
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Agree to Deal to Keep Track Open
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death