The gross revenue declined 38.6% and the average price fell 16.3% during the Conrad Jupiters Magic Millions yearling sale's first section, which ended Jan. 10 on Australia's Gold Coast. The clearance rate was 80.1%.
Pinhookers were out in force as day one of the Sydney Inglis Weanling sale unfolded on Sunday in Australia. The top price was paid by Coolmore representative Colm Santry who went to Aus$320,000 (U.S.$266,700) on behalf of a client for a filly by Encosta de Lago from the stakes placed Langfuhr mare Shalang.
Vinery's Red Ransom broke a string of minor placings in group I races in Australia with a victory in the Randwick Galaxy March 30.
Vinery stallion Red Ransom gained a fine start to the new Australian season with the stunning if narrow victory of his southern marquee son, Charge Forward, in the San Domenico (Aust-II) at Randwick Aug. 7.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for Jan. 27, 2015
- Washington Owner/Breeder Paxton Dead at 76
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- Barretts Gross Up; Average, Median Decline
- Keeping Pace: Upstart Figures to Improve
- New York Sanctions Mott for Drug Overages
- NYRA Unveils 10-Race Claiming Series
- Jan. 28 Live Racing at Aqueduct Canceled
- Anti-Mullerian Hormone Helps Assess Aging Mares' Fertility
- OBS Expects Solid Start for Auction Season