The gross revenue declined 38.6% and the average price fell 16.3% during the Conrad Jupiters Magic Millions yearling sale's first section, which ended Jan. 10 on Australia's Gold Coast. The clearance rate was 80.1%.
Pinhookers were out in force as day one of the Sydney Inglis Weanling sale unfolded on Sunday in Australia. The top price was paid by Coolmore representative Colm Santry who went to Aus$320,000 (U.S.$266,700) on behalf of a client for a filly by Encosta de Lago from the stakes placed Langfuhr mare Shalang.
Vinery's Red Ransom broke a string of minor placings in group I races in Australia with a victory in the Randwick Galaxy March 30.
Vinery stallion Red Ransom gained a fine start to the new Australian season with the stunning if narrow victory of his southern marquee son, Charge Forward, in the San Domenico (Aust-II) at Randwick Aug. 7.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah 'Went Great' in Slop at CD
- Hard Not to Like Skims Rail, Takes Gamely
- Street Story Flies to Winning Colors Win
- G. G. Ryder Swoops to All American Win
- Majestic City Strong in Lone Star Handicap
- Mulhall, Former Racing Manager, Dies at 76
- Filly First Winner for Twirling Candy
- Monmouth Reports Strong Memorial Day Weekend
- Distinctiv Passion Wires Field in Los Angeles
- American Pharoah Continues Churchill Training