Charles Miller's even-money favorite Prospective Saint, given a patient ride by Eddie Castro, proved best in the stretch to defeat her pace rival Maggie Slew by a half-length in the $150,000 Gardenia Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares at Ellis Park Saturday.
Charles D. Miller's Prospective Saint, coming off a second-place finish in the Princess Rooney (gr. I) during Calder Race Course's "Summit of Speed" July 15, is the 119-pound top weight for Saturday's $150,000 Gardenia Handicap (gr. III) at Ellis Park.
Happy Ticket, on the short end of narrow decisions in her past two starts, finally won a close one Saturday when she nipped front-running Oonagh Maccool in a stirring finish to capture the $321,900 Fleur de Lis Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares at Churchill Downs.
Oonagh Maccool and Happy Ticket, two of the brightest stars in the filly and mare division of American racing, square off in Saturday's $300,000-added Fleur de Lis Handicap (gr. II) at Churchill Downs.
Fair Grounds shipper Cape Hope heads into Saturday's $100,000 Herecomesthebride (gr. IIIT) as the one to beat in the 3-year-old filly stakes on the Gulfstream Park grass.
Most Popular Stories
- Bettys Bambino Wins Daytona in Stakes Debut
- Gentildonna Goes Out On Top in Career Finale
- Cowtown Cat Moves to Ohio's Mapleton for 2015
- Main Sequence Arrives in Florida for Winter
- Posse Offspring Take Pair of NY-Bred Stakes
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream