Another off-track betting corporation in New York State is facing mounting fiscal problems and is considering Chapter 9 bankruptcy protection.
A federal bankruptcy judge Jan. 25 dismissed the shuttered New York City Off-Track Betting Corp.'s Chapter 9 bankruptcy case, rejecting a motion by a union representing more than 1,000 fired workers.
New York City Off-Track Betting Corp., facing a possible shutdown, can continue its bankruptcy reorganization case, a federal judge ruled March 22.
- By Tom LaMarra
New York City Off-Track Betting Corp. plans to seek Chapter 9 bankruptcy protection in an attempt to reorganize its business.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Impressive in Workout
- 2-Year-Olds Prep for Barretts Del Mar Sale
- Winning Crown Connections Feel It's Time
- War Story to Skip Belmont, Head to Ohio Derby
- Untapable Works Toward Ogden Phipps Stakes
- American Pharoah 'Went Great' in Slop at CD
- NBC Sports Commentators on 'Night School'
- KEDRC Makes Cobalt Policy Recommendation
- NY Begins Weekly Track Information Reports
- 'Win and You're In' Spot for Ordak Dan