Another off-track betting corporation in New York State is facing mounting fiscal problems and is considering Chapter 9 bankruptcy protection.
A federal bankruptcy judge Jan. 25 dismissed the shuttered New York City Off-Track Betting Corp.'s Chapter 9 bankruptcy case, rejecting a motion by a union representing more than 1,000 fired workers.
New York City Off-Track Betting Corp., facing a possible shutdown, can continue its bankruptcy reorganization case, a federal judge ruled March 22.
- By Tom LaMarra
New York City Off-Track Betting Corp. plans to seek Chapter 9 bankruptcy protection in an attempt to reorganize its business.
Most Popular Stories
- Oaklawn Park to Open 57-day Meet Jan. 10
- Slideshow: Royal Delta
- Charles Town Gets Dates But Awaits Contract
- Gulfstream Expands Lead in Handle
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia
- DiEmanuele Named to Woodbine's Board
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity
- Akeed Mofeed Takes HK Cup; Little Mike 9th