Another off-track betting corporation in New York State is facing mounting fiscal problems and is considering Chapter 9 bankruptcy protection.
A federal bankruptcy judge Jan. 25 dismissed the shuttered New York City Off-Track Betting Corp.'s Chapter 9 bankruptcy case, rejecting a motion by a union representing more than 1,000 fired workers.
New York City Off-Track Betting Corp., facing a possible shutdown, can continue its bankruptcy reorganization case, a federal judge ruled March 22.
- By Tom LaMarra
New York City Off-Track Betting Corp. plans to seek Chapter 9 bankruptcy protection in an attempt to reorganize its business.
Most Popular Stories
- Cozmic One Approaches Long-Awaited Debut
- Firing Line Drills in Company at Santa Anita
- Carpe Diem Works for Jet-Setting Pletcher
- International Star Heads Derby Works at CD
- Cozmic One Lacks Late Kick in Debut
- KY Derby: Pletcher on April 18 Derby Works
- One Lucky Dane Off Derby Trail After Workout
- No Medication for Mubtaahij in Kentucky Derby
- Mott Fights Denial of Assistant's Visa
- Churchill to Stream Derby, Oaks Workouts Live