Another off-track betting corporation in New York State is facing mounting fiscal problems and is considering Chapter 9 bankruptcy protection.
A federal bankruptcy judge Jan. 25 dismissed the shuttered New York City Off-Track Betting Corp.'s Chapter 9 bankruptcy case, rejecting a motion by a union representing more than 1,000 fired workers.
New York City Off-Track Betting Corp., facing a possible shutdown, can continue its bankruptcy reorganization case, a federal judge ruled March 22.
- By Tom LaMarra
New York City Off-Track Betting Corp. plans to seek Chapter 9 bankruptcy protection in an attempt to reorganize its business.
Most Popular Stories
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91
- Baffert Talks 2017 Triple Crown
- Elliott Honored with George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award
- Oscar Performance Targeting Keeneland for Season Debut
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Three Rules Fires Florida Bullet
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Boat Trip Gets First Foal Times Three
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Elliott's Award Reopens the Smarty Story