Another off-track betting corporation in New York State is facing mounting fiscal problems and is considering Chapter 9 bankruptcy protection.
A federal bankruptcy judge Jan. 25 dismissed the shuttered New York City Off-Track Betting Corp.'s Chapter 9 bankruptcy case, rejecting a motion by a union representing more than 1,000 fired workers.
New York City Off-Track Betting Corp., facing a possible shutdown, can continue its bankruptcy reorganization case, a federal judge ruled March 22.
- By Tom LaMarra
New York City Off-Track Betting Corp. plans to seek Chapter 9 bankruptcy protection in an attempt to reorganize its business.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Rey de Oro wins Japanese Derby
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Twisted Tom Works Toward Belmont Stakes
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Galileo, Coolmore Dominate European Classics
- Souper Tapit Gets Graded Score in Marine Stakes