Another off-track betting corporation in New York State is facing mounting fiscal problems and is considering Chapter 9 bankruptcy protection.
A federal bankruptcy judge Jan. 25 dismissed the shuttered New York City Off-Track Betting Corp.'s Chapter 9 bankruptcy case, rejecting a motion by a union representing more than 1,000 fired workers.
New York City Off-Track Betting Corp., facing a possible shutdown, can continue its bankruptcy reorganization case, a federal judge ruled March 22.
- By Tom LaMarra
New York City Off-Track Betting Corp. plans to seek Chapter 9 bankruptcy protection in an attempt to reorganize its business.
Most Popular Stories
- Travers Favorite Bayern Arrives at Saratoga
- King's Bishop: Coup de Grace vs. Wildcat Red
- Heated Rivalry Rekindled in Del Mar Handicap
- Shared Belief Looking to Retain His Throne
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Australia Easy Juddmonte International Winner
- Better Lucky Sticks With Dirt for Ballerina
- Ready to Act, Daring Kathy Vie at Woodbine
- Starstruck Heads Cast in Monmouth's Violet
- FDA Sends Warning Letter to Compounding Firm