Another off-track betting corporation in New York State is facing mounting fiscal problems and is considering Chapter 9 bankruptcy protection.
A federal bankruptcy judge Jan. 25 dismissed the shuttered New York City Off-Track Betting Corp.'s Chapter 9 bankruptcy case, rejecting a motion by a union representing more than 1,000 fired workers.
New York City Off-Track Betting Corp., facing a possible shutdown, can continue its bankruptcy reorganization case, a federal judge ruled March 22.
- By Tom LaMarra
New York City Off-Track Betting Corp. plans to seek Chapter 9 bankruptcy protection in an attempt to reorganize its business.
Most Popular Stories
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- Fasig-Tipton October Catalog Available
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Neuman Set to Call Los Alamitos Winter Meet
- Have Horseplayers Lost Touch With the Horse?