Another off-track betting corporation in New York State is facing mounting fiscal problems and is considering Chapter 9 bankruptcy protection.
A federal bankruptcy judge Jan. 25 dismissed the shuttered New York City Off-Track Betting Corp.'s Chapter 9 bankruptcy case, rejecting a motion by a union representing more than 1,000 fired workers.
New York City Off-Track Betting Corp., facing a possible shutdown, can continue its bankruptcy reorganization case, a federal judge ruled March 22.
- By Tom LaMarra
New York City Off-Track Betting Corp. plans to seek Chapter 9 bankruptcy protection in an attempt to reorganize its business.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Einstein Moving to Adena Springs Canada
- Stall Guns for Departing's Grade I in Whitney
- Keeneland September Catalogs More Than 4,000
- Grade I Producer Garden Secrets Dies
- City of Hope Designated Breeder's Cup Charity
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Churchill Downs Commits Money to RMTC
- Venus de Milo, Narniyn Square Off in Nassau
- King's Bishop Likely Option for Wildcat Red