John Morgan, a retired horseman who trained Thoroughbreds for approximately 35 years, died Dec. 16 in Hot Springs, Ark. According to a release from Oaklawn Park, the 76-year-old trainer succumbed to cancer.
At 8:30 a.m., under Saratoga's At The Rail Pavilion, the 2nd annual backside breakfast is underway.
Vincent Rivera, who has been the assistant chaplain at Arlington Park and Hawthorne Race Course, has joined the Blue Grass Farms Chaplaincy as its full-time chaplain.
The new Blue Grass Farms Chaplaincy for farm workers in Central Kentucky has hired Rev. Bobby Aldridge as its first chaplain.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Hollendorfer: Shared Belief Has 'Great' Work
- O'Neill and Racing's Slow Regulatory Process
- F-T October Running Ahead of 2013 Record Pace
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- Raffetto Joins New England HBPA Effort
- HRTV to Air Live Coverage of Breeders' Cup
- Podcast: Bob Baffert and the Breeders' Cup
- Trainer D'Amato's Success Long Time in Coming
- Trakus Coming to Some Australian Racecourses