Royal Power, ridden by Chris Catlin, grabbed the lead two furlongs from home and dug in late to defeat the closing Aspecutus by a head in the Mehl-Mulhens-Rennen (German Two Thousand Guineas) (Ger-II) at Cologne Sunday.
British filly Silca's Sister overtook favored Ivan Denisovich to gave trainer Mick Channon and jockey Ted Durcan an upset victory in the Darley Prix Morny (Fr-I) for 2-year-olds at Deauville Sunday.
Darley Stud Management's Mokabra seized the lead 50 yards from the wire and outlasted local hope Slawomira by a head in Germany's top juvenile stakes, the Maurice Lacroix Trophy (Ger-II) at Baden-Baden Friday.
Tobougg rallied from third in the four-horse field of 2-year-olds and swept to the lead with just over a furlong to run to win the Prix de la Salamandre Dinard Grand Hotel Barriere (Fr-I) by two lengths Saturday at Longchamp, France. Prix Morny (Fr-I) winner Bad As I Wanna Be finished last, 6 1/2 lengths behind the winner.
Most Popular Stories
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- OBS Numbers Plummet During Open Session
- Mohaymen Cuts Back to Sprint in King's Bishop
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- Quality Five-Horse Field for Personal Ensign
- Ballerina Stakes Has Stage Full of Talent
- CHRB Member Calls for Trainer 'Profiling'
- Trainer Brown Captures 1,000th Win