Royal Power, ridden by Chris Catlin, grabbed the lead two furlongs from home and dug in late to defeat the closing Aspecutus by a head in the Mehl-Mulhens-Rennen (German Two Thousand Guineas) (Ger-II) at Cologne Sunday.
British filly Silca's Sister overtook favored Ivan Denisovich to gave trainer Mick Channon and jockey Ted Durcan an upset victory in the Darley Prix Morny (Fr-I) for 2-year-olds at Deauville Sunday.
Darley Stud Management's Mokabra seized the lead 50 yards from the wire and outlasted local hope Slawomira by a head in Germany's top juvenile stakes, the Maurice Lacroix Trophy (Ger-II) at Baden-Baden Friday.
Tobougg rallied from third in the four-horse field of 2-year-olds and swept to the lead with just over a furlong to run to win the Prix de la Salamandre Dinard Grand Hotel Barriere (Fr-I) by two lengths Saturday at Longchamp, France. Prix Morny (Fr-I) winner Bad As I Wanna Be finished last, 6 1/2 lengths behind the winner.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome' Draws Outside Post 9 for World Cup
- Four Penn National Vets Face Federal Charges
- One Lucky Dane to Join Dortmund in SA Derby
- Grade I Winner La Tia Retired
- Dubai Trackwork Notes, March 27
- American Trainers Approve Meydan Move to Dirt
- Casners Aim to Add Chapter to Dubai Success
- Champion Sire Smart Strike Euthanized
- Cooperative, Monarch End Simulcast Dispute
- BC Classic Winner Concern Dies at 24