Royal Power, ridden by Chris Catlin, grabbed the lead two furlongs from home and dug in late to defeat the closing Aspecutus by a head in the Mehl-Mulhens-Rennen (German Two Thousand Guineas) (Ger-II) at Cologne Sunday.
British filly Silca's Sister overtook favored Ivan Denisovich to gave trainer Mick Channon and jockey Ted Durcan an upset victory in the Darley Prix Morny (Fr-I) for 2-year-olds at Deauville Sunday.
Darley Stud Management's Mokabra seized the lead 50 yards from the wire and outlasted local hope Slawomira by a head in Germany's top juvenile stakes, the Maurice Lacroix Trophy (Ger-II) at Baden-Baden Friday.
Tobougg rallied from third in the four-horse field of 2-year-olds and swept to the lead with just over a furlong to run to win the Prix de la Salamandre Dinard Grand Hotel Barriere (Fr-I) by two lengths Saturday at Longchamp, France. Prix Morny (Fr-I) winner Bad As I Wanna Be finished last, 6 1/2 lengths behind the winner.
Most Popular Stories
- White Passionforfashion Already Turning Heads
- Cozmic One, Full to Uncle Mo Meet at Belmont
- Klein Awarded TRA Journalism Scholarship
- American Pharoah 'Just Cruising' in Workout
- Model Approach - By Eric Mitchell
- White Filly Beautiful Devil Carries Tradition
- Optimism High for Fasig-Tipton July Yearlings
- Espinoza Tied in World's Best Jock Standings
- Horse Greeley Sold to Stand in Argentina
- Two 'Super Saturdays' for Belmont Fall Meet