Good things come to those who wait, and so it was that Calumet Farm's Irish filly Starstruck bided time stalking the pace, waiting for the right moment to take home the win in the 47th Matchmaker Stakes.
An international field of fillies and mares is set for the 47th running of the $150,000 Matchmaker Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-olds and up at Monmouth Park July 28.
Splitting rivals down the stretch, Channel Lady overtook front running Welcome Dance and Appealing Cat to win the Edward P. Evans All Along Stakes (gr. IIIT) June 22 at Colonial Downs.
Grade III winner Channel Lady carries top weight of 124 pounds into the $100,000 Edward P. Evans All Along Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the evening of June 22 at Colonial Downs in New Kent, Va.
Gulfstream Oaks (gr. II)winner Dreaming of Julia and undefeated Unlimited Budget arrived April 8 at 6:50 p.m. EDT at Churchill Downs, where they will continue their preparations for the May 3 Kentucky Oaks (gr. I).
Channel Lady led every step of the way and quickened late to hold off Abaco and score her first graded victory in the Suwannee River Stakes at Gulfstream Park Feb. 9.
Making her first start since a sixth in the 2012 Kentucky Oaks (gr. I), Garland Williamson's Hard Not to Like proved her quality with a half-length victory in the $100,000 Marshua's River Stakes at Gulfstream Park Jan. 5.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity, Constitution Head Clark
- Indiana Trainer Facing Three-Year Suspension
- American Pharoah Touted in Derby Future Wager
- Sweeping New Drug Rules Approved in New York
- Voting Open for Secretariat Vox Populi Award
- Millennium Releases Stallion Roster, Fees
- Penn National Postpones Big Wednesday Card
- TAA Accredits 19 Aftercare Organizations
- Old Friends Sets Open House for Silver Charm
- Hoppertunity Gets Churchill Chance in Clark