Normandy Invasion and Will Take Charge both worked over a fast Churchill Downs main track April 21 as they near their scheduled starts in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands.
- By Pete Denk
This is one of the most wide open editions of the race I've ever seen. So many directions to go. read blog
- By Frank Angst
While Shug McGaughey prepares his usual strong string of horses at the Keeneland spring meeting, more than a few of his thoughts are occupied by the stable's big 3-year-old Orb. read blog
The morning after stablemates Will Take Charge and Oxbow ran first and second in the March 16 Rebel Stakes (gr. II), trainer D. Wayne Lukas said he plans to keep his charges separated for their next starts.
Withers Stakes (gr. III) winner Revolutionary heads a group of 13 sophomores considered probable for the 100th running of the Louisiana Derby (gr. II) at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots March 30.
King Henny, winner of the Clever Trevor Stakes last month, drew the far outside post in a maximum field of 12 juveniles entered in the $300,000 Remington Springboard Mile Stakes Dec. 9 at Remington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Can Calculator Figure in BC Juvenile?
- Breeders' Cup Features 201 Pre-Entered Horses
- California's Golden Eagle Farm Set to Close
- Tapit Filly Tops Record F-T October Sale
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Sherman Sees California Chrome Bouncing Back
- Declaration of War Moving to Ashford Stud
- Queen's Plate Winner Lexie Lou in Autumn Miss
- Top 3-Year-Olds Abound in BC Classic
- Early Thoughts on the BC Pre-Entries