Normandy Invasion and Will Take Charge both worked over a fast Churchill Downs main track April 21 as they near their scheduled starts in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands.
- By Pete Denk
This is one of the most wide open editions of the race I've ever seen. So many directions to go. read blog
- By Frank Angst
While Shug McGaughey prepares his usual strong string of horses at the Keeneland spring meeting, more than a few of his thoughts are occupied by the stable's big 3-year-old Orb. read blog
The morning after stablemates Will Take Charge and Oxbow ran first and second in the March 16 Rebel Stakes (gr. II), trainer D. Wayne Lukas said he plans to keep his charges separated for their next starts.
Withers Stakes (gr. III) winner Revolutionary heads a group of 13 sophomores considered probable for the 100th running of the Louisiana Derby (gr. II) at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots March 30.
King Henny, winner of the Clever Trevor Stakes last month, drew the far outside post in a maximum field of 12 juveniles entered in the $300,000 Remington Springboard Mile Stakes Dec. 9 at Remington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Zayat Wants 'Pharoah' to Run in Travers
- American Pharoah Takes the Haskell
- Wise Dan on Target for September Return
- Haskell TV Ratings Double Compared With 2014
- Two Paths Toward Integrity
- 18 Frankel Yearlings in Tattersalls Sale
- Shared Belief Still Healing in Northwest
- Casino OTB Parlor in Maryland Proves Popular
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- Entrepreneurs Wanted at Arizona Symposium