Television coverage of racing in Great Britain seems safeguarded for at least the next two years following the announcement that Channel 4 is in exclusive negotiations about sponsorship with Dubai Holding, whose chairman is leading owner/breeder Sheikh Mohammed.
British racing needs to make dramatic changes to the structure and timing of big races according to Channel 4, which broadcasts the majority of live horseracing seen on television in Britain.
The record-breaking media deal agreed up in June 2001 by the majority of Great Britain's racecourses and broadcaster attheraces has collapsed.
Fair Grounds president Bryan Krantz has been appointed the United States representative for Attheraces, an ambitious new online wagering and interactive television wagering company in the United Kingdom.
Most Popular Stories
- NJ Senate Committee OKs Instant Racing Bill
- Multi-Breed Drug Uniformity No Easy Task
- Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale Posts Increases
- Slideshow: Royal Delta
- New Buyers Drive Up Sales at Arqana
- Oaklawn Park to Open 57-day Meet Jan. 10
- Charles Town Gets Dates But Awaits Contract
- Gulfstream Expands Lead in Handle
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia