Del Mar Thoroughbred Club will conduct its 70th race meeting beginning July 22 led by a veteran team of racing officials. Heading up the effort will by DMTC's vice president for racing, Tom Robbins, who also serves as the track's director of racing and racing secretary. This will be his 29th summer in the seaside racing office.
- By Jack Shinar
There was no cover-up of the late administration of the anti-bleeding medication Salix to Intercontinental prior to her win in the Palomar Handicap (gr. II) at Del Mar last summer, according to the steward who was appointed by the California Horse Racing Board to conduct a review of the case.
California Horse Racing Board chairman Richard B. Shapiro has ordered a review of the circumstances surrounding the administration of a bleeder medication to the horse Intercontinental within the prohibited pre-race time period.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Curlin's Approval Stretches Out Handily in Royal Delta