Siena Farm's Angela Renee, beaten more than 19 lengths in the Spinaway Stakes (gr. I) in her last start, rebounded in a big way with a victory in the $300,000 Chandelier Stakes (gr. I) for 2-year-old fillies at Santa Anita.
Trainer Bob Baffert will be seeking a record 10th win in the $300,000 Chandelier Stakes (gr. I) when he sends out recent maiden winner Maybellene to battle a promising field of 11 other 2-year-old fillies Sept. 27.
Westrock Stables' Secret Compass prevailed over favorite She's a Tiger in the $250,000 Chandelier Stakes (gr. I) at Santa Anita Park Sept. 28 for trainer Bob Baffert.
She's a Tiger and Fascinating, the one-two finishers in the Del Mar Debutante (gr. I), square off again, this time around two turns, in the $250,000 Chandelier Stakes (gr. I) at Santa Anita Sept. 28.
The 14 Breeders' Cup World Championship races Nov. 1-2 highlight the 27 graded stakes carded for the 24-day Santa Anita Park fall meet that begins Sept. 27.
Beholder, a 2-year-old Kentucky-bred filly by Henny Hughes, demolished a first-condition allowance field at Santa Anita Park Oct. 4 by 11 lengths and had trainer Richard Mandella pondering a follow-up in the Breeders' Cup.
Undefeated Executiveprivilege stamped herself as the likely favorite for this year's Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) with a smashing victory in the $250,000 Chandelier Stakes (gr. I) at Santa Anita Park.
Executiveprivilege, undefeated in four starts for trainer Bob Baffert, makes her dirt debut in the $250,000 Chandelier Stakes (gr. I) Sept. 29 at Santa Anita Park.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome is Vox Populi Award Winner
- WV Racing Struggles With Plan for Stability
- Researchers Study Near-, Farsightedness in Horses
- Two IL Tracks File for Bankruptcy Protection
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- British Racing Undertakes Education Program
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25