Tattersalls' largest ever July mixed auction finished Thursday night in England with a sale record gross of 6,316,400 guineas, a 14,621-guinea average that beat the previous best by 3%, and a record median of 9,000 guineas, up 13% from last year.
Fair Mix, a 5-year-old bought out of a claiming race, shrugged off his humble background to win Sunday's Group I Prix Ganay at Longchamp.
Ireland's Coolmore Stud reportedly is attempting to purchase all or part of Golan, the Sagitta Two Thousand Guineas winner who is expected to go off as one of the favorites in Saturday's Vodafone Epsom Derby (Eng-I) in England.
Most Popular Stories
- The Day After: No Regrets From Team 'Pharoah'
- Keen Ice Tired After Travers, 'Classic' Ahead
- Keen Ice Springs Travers Upset on 'Pharoah'
- Stellar Wind Dominant in Torrey Pines
- Valid Bounds Away to Iselin Victory
- Runhappy Romps to Record King's Bishop Score
- NY Fan Forum: Improve Customer Service
- Navarro Mulling BC Dirt Mile for Private Zone
- Smokey the Pony Reining at Saratoga
- Site Read Favored in With Anticipation