Tattersalls' largest ever July mixed auction finished Thursday night in England with a sale record gross of 6,316,400 guineas, a 14,621-guinea average that beat the previous best by 3%, and a record median of 9,000 guineas, up 13% from last year.
Fair Mix, a 5-year-old bought out of a claiming race, shrugged off his humble background to win Sunday's Group I Prix Ganay at Longchamp.
Ireland's Coolmore Stud reportedly is attempting to purchase all or part of Golan, the Sagitta Two Thousand Guineas winner who is expected to go off as one of the favorites in Saturday's Vodafone Epsom Derby (Eng-I) in England.
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Powers to Easy Stephen Foster Win
- Paco Lopez Sent to Hospital After Paddock Accident
- McCraken Back to His Old Self in Matt Winn
- Heavy Rain Forces Belmont Park Cancellation
- Forever Unbridled Makes Triumphant Return
- Sircat Sally Remains Undefeated With Honeymoon Win
- Kasaqui Ends Six-Race Skid With Decisive Wise Dan Score
- Faypien Edges Mopotism in Summertime Oaks
- Monmouth Park Bans Shipping to Suffolk Downs
- Unique Bella Nears Return to Training