Tattersalls' largest ever July mixed auction finished Thursday night in England with a sale record gross of 6,316,400 guineas, a 14,621-guinea average that beat the previous best by 3%, and a record median of 9,000 guineas, up 13% from last year.
Fair Mix, a 5-year-old bought out of a claiming race, shrugged off his humble background to win Sunday's Group I Prix Ganay at Longchamp.
Ireland's Coolmore Stud reportedly is attempting to purchase all or part of Golan, the Sagitta Two Thousand Guineas winner who is expected to go off as one of the favorites in Saturday's Vodafone Epsom Derby (Eng-I) in England.
Most Popular Stories
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Inside the Magical Kingdom of Ballydoyle
- Harzand to Aga Khan’s Gilltown Stud
- VanMeter-Gentry Loaded at Fasig-Tipton Sale
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic