Cirrus Des Aigles is the star turn in the £1.3 million Qipco Champion Stakes (Eng-I) Oct. 18, when the 8-year-old contests Britain's richest race for the fourth straight year.
Newmarket will host three group I races for 2-year-olds during the Dubai Future Champions Day, which will be run the day before British Champions Day at Ascot.
New races, including a prep for the Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile, have been added to the stakes schedule at Louisiana Downs for the 2008 meet, which begins May 17.
With slots approved for Fair Grounds and likely to be in place in 2005, Louisiana breeders already seem to be reaping the rewards. On Saturday, the state's horsemen will vie for a $1 million, 10-race card that features seven Thoroughbred stakes, highlighted by the $150,000 Louisiana Champion's Day Classic.
There are 40 horses going forward for the Emirates Airline Champion Stakes, this year carrying £400,000 in prize money, and 40 juveniles remaining in the season's top 2-year-old event, the £230,000 Darley Dewhurst Stakes. Both races are group I events.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Talks 2017 Triple Crown
- Canadian Horse Racing Plans Anniversary 250 Celebration
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Unique Bella Goes Easy in Five-Furlong Work
- Pierce Trains Tampa String for Sam-Son, Pin Oak
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- CHRB Approves Medication-Based Conditions
- Finger Lakes Racing Dates Could Plummet Under Proposal