Dual classic winner and Horse of the Year finalist California Chrome had an "outstanding" workout at his home base, Los Alamitos Race Course, the morning of Jan. 10.
For Will Take Charge it was as if January to June never existed, unless you want to focus on his photo finish scores in the Rebel Stakes (gr. II) and Smarty Jones Stakes and forget about all his out-of-the-money disasters.
By a vote of 114 to 111, Animal Kingdom outpolled Caleb's Posse for an Eclipse Award as champion 3-year-old male.
- By Steve Haskin
Big Brown's championship campaign in 2008 was predominantly about his long list of accomplishments, several which were history-making and unlikely to be duplicated for a long time.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Mr. Jordan, Green Gratto Face Off in Salvator
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Santa Anita Installs New Turf Course
- Full Mast Could Cruise in King Edward Stakes