The Blood-Horse catches up with 26-year-old Hansel, who won champion 3-year-old male in 1991. Hansel defeated Strike the Gold by a head in the Belmont Stakes. Read more in the April 26, 2014 issue of The Blood-Horse. View Hansel Slideshow
1994 Horse of the Year and successful stallion Holy Bull, who counts 2005 Kentucky Derby winner Giacomo among his progeny, has been pensioned and will retire at Sheikh Mohammed's Jonabell Farm, Darley announced July 7.
- By Steve Haskin
All the human drama that surrounded Afleet Alex -- the charity work through Alex's Lemonade Stand; the colt having to be fed milk from a Coors Lite bottle as a foal by breeder John Martin Silvertand's 9-year-old daughter; Silvertand using Alex's heroics as inspiration in his battle with terminal cancer; and the Afleet Alex marketing items distributed by owners Cash is King Stable and trainer Tim Ritchey at children's hospitals -- will have to wait for the storytellers and book writers.
Most Popular Stories
- Los Alamitos Schedules California Chrome Day
- Keeneland to Handle VinMar Dispersal
- Review: Spa Surface Not Factor in Fatalities
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Baffert Reflects on Arrogate's Travers Romp
- BH 100: Rapping at Derby's Door
- PA-Breds, Cathryn Sophia Head Parx Program
- Aftercare: The Challenges of Tracking Horses
- Infographic: All Time Leading Earners 2016
- Rich Tapestry's Korea Sprint Start in Doubt