Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Ruler On Ice has been retired from racing and is scheduled to ship to owner George and Lori Hall's Kentucky farm early during the week of July 7.
Dual grade I winner Champagne d'Oro has been retired from racing and is scheduled to ship to Darley Stud Jan. 11 to be bred to Bernardini.
Longshot son of Roman Ruler takes the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) over Stay Thirsty and Brilliant Speed on a muddy track at Belmont Park.
Champagne d'Oro, winner of the June 5 Acorn Stakes (gr. I) at Belmont Park, struck again, this time at Saratoga Aug. 7 in the seven-furlong Test Stakes (gr. I). Bonnie Blue Flag was second.
Southern Equine Stables' Champagne d'Oro, who previously had one victory in nine starts, scored a major upset when she broke alertly and held off all challengers to win the grade I Betfair/TVG Acorn Stakes (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Named 2016 Longines World's Best Racehorse
- Arrogate, California Chrome Meet Again in Pegasus
- Arrogate Celebrated as Longines World's Best Racehorse
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - January 24, 2017
- A Q & A With Juddmonte Farms' Teddy Grimthorpe
- Behind Scenes of Arrogate’s World’s Best Ranking
- Total of 418 3-year-olds Nominated to 2017 Triple Crown
- Classic Empire Top Individual Choice in KDFW Pool 2
- Trainer Chad Brown Finally Lands His Knockout
- NYSGC Suspends Jockey Agent Gonzalez for 10 Years