Sabine Stable's Laurafina, making her first start since July 29, closed staunchly from the outside under Rafael Bejarano to win the $100,000 Frances A. Genter (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies on the Calder Race Course turf Saturday.
Whos Next Racing Team's 2-year-old filly Princess Sweet captured the $125,000 Fifth Avenue Division of the New York Stallion Series for trainer Linda Rice three days after winning her maiden debut. The win highlighted the track's New York Stallion Series Sunday at Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- First Foal for Circumference is a Filly
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- Slimmed Down Racing May Be Finding Its Footing
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York