The 2014 renewal of the Manhattan Stakes (gr. IT) June 7, a race with a strong collection of past winners, features three trainers--Shug McGaughey, Bill Mott and Christophe Clement--who have won it three times each.
Augustin Stable's Utley, winless since last April, got back on track with an off-the-pace upset score in the $400,000 Dixie Stakes (gr. IIT) at Pimlico Race Course May 17.
Canadian Horse of the Year Up With the Birds takes on highweights Hamp and Hey Leroy May 17 in the $400,000 Longines Dixie Stakes (gr. IIT) at Pimlico Race Course.
Making his second start for new owner/trainer David Jocobson, multiple grade II winner Slim Shadey looks to end a long dry spell in the $100,000 Red Bank (gr. IIIT) on the turf May 17 at Monmouth Park.
Notacatbutallama found his way back to the winner's circle for the first time since last November and added a grade to his resume in the meantime, rallying to take the $150,000 Hill Prince Stakes (gr. IIIT).
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Coltimus Prime Rules Prince of Wales
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Study: EIPH Does Not Shorten Racing Careers
- Purses, Races Set for WV Classics Card
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- Plenty of Options for Bayern after Haskell
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil
- Shadwell Turf Mile to Offer $1 Million Purse