This week is a column from Joe Palmer titled "Maryland, My Challedon;" followed by the race recap of the Preakness Stakes won by Challedon, a Maryland-bred who won the 1939 Baltimore classic.
The Maryland Horse Breeders Association and Maryland Racing Media Association announced the 12-horse inaugural class of the Maryland-bred Thoroughbred Hall of Fame.
The owner and trainer were nowhere to be found, but Acrolect showed up and trounced a field of Maryland-breds in today's $60,000 Challedon Stakes at Laurel Park.
Most Popular Stories
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- New York Discusses Race-Day Lasix Rules
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Fager to Deliver Thoroughbred Owner Conference Keynote
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Conrad Bandoroff Joins Denali Stud