Prize money for the 2016-17 Hong Kong racing season will extend to another record level while purses for two of the Hong Kong Jockey Club's three spring group I features, the Champions Mile and Chairman's Sprint Prize, will be increased.
Japanese miler Maurice and Australian sprint star Chautauqua took top honors at Sha Tin Racecourse May 1 in a rare shutout for the local team in two group I events in Hong Kong.
The Hong Kong Jockey Club kicked off its 2011 racing season Feb. 5 with impressive business numbers.
The immediate racing future of Silent Witness will be decided in the coming days after the world's leading sprinter last year finished seventh behind winner Scintillation at Sha Tin on Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Imperative Repeats in Charles Town Classic
- Collected Impresses Again in Californian
- Multiplier Steps Up His Game in Illinois Derby
- Call To Mind Delivers Late Birthday Gift to The Queen
- Cloud Computing to Bypass KY Derby, Point for Preakness
- Gormley Works Smartly at Santa Anita
- Twisted Tom Takes Sloppy Tesio
- Finest City, Songbird Drill Toward Spring Starts
- Trio Zips On OBS Spring Sale's Final Under Tack Day