Lenny Hale has been elected chairman, chief executive officer, and president of the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation.
Alan Marzelli, chairman of Equibase since 1997, will step down from that position at the end of the year, it was announced Oct. 1. He will be succeeded by Nick Nicholson of Keeneland.
- By Claire Novak
Jockeys Aaron Gryder and Joe Bravo were the only riders in attendance at the Breeders' Cup post-position draw held Oct. 23 at Monmouth Park, as jockeys planned to meet with Breeders' Cup management over issues involving tickets and parking.
John Hettinger, long time chairman of Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation, will be honored at this year's annual Belmont Celebration June 10, the eve of the 137th running of the Belmont Stakes (gr. I).
The Union of Horse-Breeding Development of Georgia and Cedar Meadow Inc. announced that 6-year-old Chairman (Deputy Minister--Dance Colony, by Pleasant Colony) will stand at Kulari Stud in the Republic of Georgia.
Carl Pollard, the owner of Hermitage Farm and Churchill Downs board member since 1985, will replace William S. Farish as chairman of the Louisville, Ky., racing conglomerate. Also on Tuesday, Churchill reported record second quarter results.
Most Popular Stories
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Tapit, War Front Dominate Keeneland Sale
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup