Alan Marzelli, chairman of Equibase since 1997, will step down from that position at the end of the year, it was announced Oct. 1. He will be succeeded by Nick Nicholson of Keeneland.
Jockeys Aaron Gryder and Joe Bravo were the only riders in attendance at the Breeders' Cup post-position draw held Oct. 23 at Monmouth Park, as jockeys planned to meet with Breeders' Cup management over issues involving tickets and parking.
John Hettinger, long time chairman of Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation, will be honored at this year's annual Belmont Celebration June 10, the eve of the 137th running of the Belmont Stakes (gr. I).
The Union of Horse-Breeding Development of Georgia and Cedar Meadow Inc. announced that 6-year-old Chairman (Deputy Minister--Dance Colony, by Pleasant Colony) will stand at Kulari Stud in the Republic of Georgia.
Carl Pollard, the owner of Hermitage Farm and Churchill Downs board member since 1985, will replace William S. Farish as chairman of the Louisville, Ky., racing conglomerate. Also on Tuesday, Churchill reported record second quarter results.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Sherman Says 'Chrome' Looks as Good as Ever
- Top Filly Princess of Sylmar Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Big Gains Mark Keeneland Sale's Day 11
- Illinois Board Has Tough Call on 2015 Dates
- Undrafted Returns in Kentucky Downs Turf Dash
- Filly First Winner for Line of David
- Pedigree Analysis: Inbreeding Trends
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16