Alan Marzelli, chairman of Equibase since 1997, will step down from that position at the end of the year, it was announced Oct. 1. He will be succeeded by Nick Nicholson of Keeneland.
Jockeys Aaron Gryder and Joe Bravo were the only riders in attendance at the Breeders' Cup post-position draw held Oct. 23 at Monmouth Park, as jockeys planned to meet with Breeders' Cup management over issues involving tickets and parking.
John Hettinger, long time chairman of Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation, will be honored at this year's annual Belmont Celebration June 10, the eve of the 137th running of the Belmont Stakes (gr. I).
The Union of Horse-Breeding Development of Georgia and Cedar Meadow Inc. announced that 6-year-old Chairman (Deputy Minister--Dance Colony, by Pleasant Colony) will stand at Kulari Stud in the Republic of Georgia.
Carl Pollard, the owner of Hermitage Farm and Churchill Downs board member since 1985, will replace William S. Farish as chairman of the Louisville, Ky., racing conglomerate. Also on Tuesday, Churchill reported record second quarter results.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome' Draws Outside Post 9 for World Cup
- Fields Shaping Up for Wood Memorial Day
- Gulfstream Should Have Lucrative FL Derby Day
- Castellano Gears Up for Busy FL Derby Day
- Four Penn National Vets Face Federal Charges
- Competitive Edge Wins Comeback at Gulfstream
- One Lucky Dane to Join Dortmund in SA Derby
- License Review Likely for Charged Penn Vets
- Cooperative, Monarch End Simulcast Dispute
- Dubai Trackwork Notes, March 27