David Romanik's homebred 4-year-old gelding Southern Cal is the high weight and probable favorite as he shoots for his fourth straight victory against 10 rivals in Monday's $150,000 Miami Mile Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT) on Calder's turf course.
Keep Cool went gate-to-wire to spring an upset in the $100,000 Mecke Handicap on the turf Monday at Calder Race Course.
Willmott Stable's Eddington, a major contender in the 3-year-old division all season for trainer Mark Hennig, makes his grass course debut in the Calder Derby (gr. IIIT) at 1 1/8 miles Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Tickets Go On Sale March 4
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 3, 2015
- Five-Year Suspension, $25,000 Fine for Chapa
- Water Bucket Heater Caused Chanteclaire Fire
- Breeding Entities Pledge Support to TAA
- Lopez Lets El Kabeir be "The Boss"
- Records Fall at Inglis Premier Yearling Sale
- Slideshow: Sports Guys
- KY House Passes BC Tax Break Legislation
- Fair Grounds Preps a Tale of Two Sexes