The 15 Godolphin horses that tested positive for anabolic steroids, which led to Mahmood Al Zarooni's disciplinary hearing, will be prohibited from racing for six months.
Godolphin trainer Mahmood Al Zarooni has admitted to administering anabolic steroids to 11 horses at the Moulton Paddocks Stables who tested positive for the prohibited substances.
The second-highest-priced yearling to ever sell at Keeneland January and the beginning of a dispersal of an apparently deep group of horses from Fares Farm helped the Lexington sale to a strong start.
Ceremony participants and an invited audience of 300 celebrated the racing career of Frankel, who joins Ouija Board (2004 and 2006) as the only two-time Cartier Horse of the Year winner.
International racing review for Sept. 27-28. read blog
Godophin's Certify kept her career record perfect Sept. 28 and earned her first win at the top level in scintillating fashion in the Shadwell Fillies' Mile (Eng-I), the feature event at Newmarket's Cambridgeshire Festival.
Most Popular Stories
- Eluisve Gold Surprises Cape Guineas Field
- Slideshow: A Visit to WinStar Farm
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- Santa Anita Reducing Takeout on Daily Double
- Stallion Monba Represented by First Winner
- Calder Releases 2014 Partial Stakes Schedule
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- De La Cruz Soars at Tampa Bay With 4-Bagger
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says