The popular 9-year-old gelding Truly a Judge, twice a graded stakes winner after being claimed for $20,000 in 2001, has been retired, Southern California trainer David Bernstein said.
Four years after being considered a Kentucky Derby (gr. I) contender, Tracemark, a 7-year-old gelding, is embarking on a life of retirement on a California farm.
Rerun and the California Equine Retirement Foundation will present a "Moneigh" exhibit at Santa Anita Park April 9, the same day as the Santa Anita Derby (gr. I), the final West Coast prep race for the Kentucky Derby (gr. I). The Moneigh sale will be held adjacent to the paddock area.
The first wave of outside assistance has reached Karachi Race Course in Pakistan. On July 1, the Associated Press reported 250 abandoned horses were at the racetrack and had not moved since it closed in March. Many of them were not being cared for at all. On July 9 a veterinarian from a branch of Brooke Hospital arrived at the racetrack to supply aid.
Most Popular Stories
- Business as Usual for J Boys Echo in Derby Breeze
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Espinoza Wins First Race After HOF Announcement
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Sano Star Gunnevera Goes Easy Five Furlongs
- Blinkers Likely for Practical Joke in Kentucky Derby
- O'Neill Confident After Irap's Mile Work
- BloodHorse.com Launches BackTrack Channel
- Vexatious Stands Out in Oaks Move