Consignor and OBS board member Francis Vanlangendonck expects fairly solid results for the August yearling sale.
The under tack show for the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's March select sale of 2-year-olds in training will begin at 9 a.m. (EDT) instead of 8 a.m., as previously scheduled, because of the recent switch to Daylight Savings Time. The first session of the show is set for March 12 (Hip Nos. 1-260), and the second session will be held March 13 (Hip Nos. 261-523) in Central Florida.
The highlight of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. August yearling sale's second open session was a $150,000 son of Macho Uno.
The Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. sold more horses than ever before at its August yearling sale, which ended its five-day run in Central Florida with a Friday afternoon session.
Horsemen in Ocala were coping with downed trees, damage to barn roofs, and widespread power outages Wednesday during the wake of Hurricane Frances, which pounded Central Florida with heavy rains and strong winds over the Labor Day weekend.
The Ocala Breeders' Sales Company will be trying to buck the downward trend seen at recent regional auctions when its yearling sale kicks off on Monday. The first session is for select horses, and it will be followed by three open sessions.
Most Popular Stories
- New York to Act on New Medication Rules
- Cassatt Takes Advantage of Big Zia Park Day
- Napravnik Among Five Woolf Award Finalists
- Motion Shipper Appealing Cat in Del Mar Debut
- Churchill to Resume Live Racing Nov. 21
- Woodbine, Horsemen Announce 2015 Calendar
- Rockridge Stud Announces 2015 Stallion Fees
- UC-Davis Seeks Horse Management Survey Input
- Ex-Calder Racing Secretary Headed to Hialeah
- Florida Feed Manufacturer Issues Recall