A gelded son of Parker's Storm Cat swept Pennsylvania's top turf sprints when he captured the $350,000 Turf Monster Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Parx Racing.
Carl Moore Management's 6-year-old gelding Chamberlain Bridge posted an exciting, come-from-behind victory when gaining the lead in the final 50 yards of the Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint (gr. II).
The Oct. 25 workout tab at Churchill Downs included more than a handful of contenders for the Breeders' Cup World Championships.
Jay Em Ess Stable's Acting Happy made a huge impression in her stakes debut, putting away favored Tidal Pool in upper stretch and then holding off a late run from No Such Word to pull a 10-1 upset in the Black-Eyed Susan
Sent off as the 5-2 favorite, Silver Timber made his move leaving the turn and continued on to set a course record in the Churchill Downs Turf Sprint (gr. IIIT) on the Kentucky Oaks card.
Most Popular Stories
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Chasing Landaluce
- U.S. Horses Face Tough Test in Hong Kong
- House Subcommittee to Discuss Internet Gaming
- Hollendorfer Sends Out Pair in Bayakoa
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Dale Romans - Little Mike
- Horizontal Navigation: Breeding Tab
- Wagering Up More Than 4% in November
- Second Quarantined Barn at Parx Cleared
- Thomason Elected to Horse Council Board