Uptown Racing's Boss Lafitte used a rail-skimming trip under Robby Albarado and took over in upper stretch to win by a half-length in the $150,000 Central Bank Transylvania Stakes on a rainy opening day April 4 at Keeneland.
A brief snow flurry during the running of the $150,000 Central Bank Transylvania (gr. IIIT), Friday's opening day feature at the Keeneland spring meet, couldn't stop Marcavelly, who sprinted away from his 3-year-old rivals in the stretch to post a 3 1/2-length win on the turf.
Amerman Racing Stables' Chattahoochee War won the Central Bank Transylvania Stakes (gr. IIIT) on Keeneland's opening day, but he had to battle hard to do it. The 3-year-old son of War Chant rallied to nip Guillaume Tell by a nose at the wire, then had to wait for the stewards to disallow an objection to secure the victory.
Most Popular Stories
- Tumor Side Effect Leads to Filly's Group I DQ
- Champion She's a Tiger Retired
- Pedigree Analysis: Shared Belief Rides On
- Effort Aims to Improve Animal Feed Safety
- Jockey Oscar Flores Records Milestone Victory
- TimeformUS Weekend Plays: The Whitney
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- Del Mar Once Again Shifting Races Off Turf
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Stall Guns for Departing's Grade I in Whitney