Uptown Racing's Boss Lafitte used a rail-skimming trip under Robby Albarado and took over in upper stretch to win by a half-length in the $150,000 Central Bank Transylvania Stakes on a rainy opening day April 4 at Keeneland.
A brief snow flurry during the running of the $150,000 Central Bank Transylvania (gr. IIIT), Friday's opening day feature at the Keeneland spring meet, couldn't stop Marcavelly, who sprinted away from his 3-year-old rivals in the stretch to post a 3 1/2-length win on the turf.
Amerman Racing Stables' Chattahoochee War won the Central Bank Transylvania Stakes (gr. IIIT) on Keeneland's opening day, but he had to battle hard to do it. The 3-year-old son of War Chant rallied to nip Guillaume Tell by a nose at the wire, then had to wait for the stewards to disallow an objection to secure the victory.
Most Popular Stories
- Palace Malice Sustains Minor Foot Bruise
- Ties Atop TJC's Experimental Free Handicaps
- NTRA Meets With Treasury on Withholding Taxes
- Penn National Gaming Reports Losses for 2014
- Upgraded Marine Gives Canada 44 Graded Stakes
- Belle Gallantey Looks for More in Ladies 'Cap
- PA Breeders Offering Stallion Season Auction
- NJ Breeders Holding Online Season Auction
- That Handicapping Show: The Martha Washington
- Talented Field Assembles for the Sam F. Davis