Keeneland officials said Zulu, second to Mohaymen in the Fountain of Youth Stakes, is among 13 3-year-olds now considered probable for the April 9 Toyota Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I).
Keeneland officials said that as of April 1 eight 3-year-olds, including Claiborne Breeders' Futurity (gr. I) winner Brody's Cause, are probable for the $1 million Toyota Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I) April 9.
Brereton Jones' Lovely Maria chose the right date to put in the best race of her career, tracking the early pace and surging in the stretch to win the $500,000 Central Bank Ashland Stakes (gr. I) April 4 at Keeneland.
Keeneland begins its 2015 spring meet April 3 with the first two days of its 15-day stand anchored by the $1 million Toyota Blue Grass Stakes(gr. I), which moves up a week as part of a richer, re-ordered stakes calendar.
New security measures will be employed for horses participating in the $1 million Toyota Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I), Keeneland announced March 25.
Graded stakes winners Grace Hall and Summer Applause are among the 3-year-old fillies nominated to the $500,000 Central Bank Ashland Stakes (gr. I) at Keeneland on April 7.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby
- Connect in Good Shape After PA Derby Win
- Ward: Scope Shows Lady Aurelia Bled
- Solid Keeneland Sale Ends With Declines
- Runhappy Logs Final Drill for Return
- Handle Decreased 26% at Monmouth Park in 2016
- Miyadi Suspended by CHRB After Altercation