133 fillies, highlighted by graded stakes winners Untapable, Onlyforyou, and Awesome Baby, currently the top point earners on the Road to the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I), have been nominated to the Central Bank Ashland (gr. I).
Keeneland will offer 16 stakes worth $3.625 million at its 2013 spring race meeting, headlined by the Toyota Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I) and Central Bank Ashland Stakes (gr. I).
Stephanie's Kitten, a leading juvenile filly last year on both the main track and the turf, heads a field of seven 3-year-old fillies in the Central Bank Ashland Stakes (gr. I) at Keeneland April 7.
Five grade I races, including the newly upgraded Jenny Wiley Stakes, headline the 16 stakes worth $3.625 million slated for Keeneland's 2012 spring race meeting that was announced Jan. 19.
Five D Thoroughbreds and Wind River Stables' homebred filly Kathmanblu, a stakes winner on grass and dirt, will attempt to transfer that form to Keeneland's Polytrack surface April 9 in the Central Bank Ashland (gr. I).
Sixteen stakes worth $3.425 million, anchored by the Toyota Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I) and the Central Bank Ashland Stakes (gr. I), are scheduled for Keeneland's 2011 spring race meet.
While 2-year-old champion filly She Be Wild tops the eight-horse field for the April 3 Central Bank Ashland Stakes (gr. I) at Keeneland, Negligee looks more than prepared to give her a run for the money.
Keeneland will offer $3.65 million in purses for 16 stakes races, in addition to a variety of on-site events and new wagering and marketing initiatives.
Most Popular Stories
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- Stallion Oxbow to Stand at Calumet in 2015
- Competitive Group Entered for Smarty Jones
- California Chrome Progressing Toward PA Derby
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- Lemon Drop Kid: A Class Act
- Knee Surgery to Sideline Kid Cruz for Year
- Hollendorfer Duo Part of Even Yellow Ribbon
- Micromanage Set for Another Distance Test
- Texas Racing Commission OKs Instant Racing