Color of Truth wins third start by 1 3/4 lengths June 29.
Grade II winner Air Commander sired his first stakes winner when his daughter Rah Rah Rachel won the Oklahoma Stallion Fillies Stakes at Remington Park.
Breeders' Cup Mile winner's battle with laminitis nearing a happy ending; may be discharged as early as next week.
Kip Deville set aside a question of his stamina capability for nine furlongs when he put away a quality field in the $300,000 Gulfstream Park Turf Handicap (gr. IT) at the Hallandale Beach track Feb. 1.
The Oklahoma Thoroughbred Association held its 23rd annual awards banquet Aug. 2 to announce its 2007 state-bred champions. Not surprisingly, the Horse of the Year, older male, and turf runner awards went to last year's NetJets Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) winner Kip Deville, who is now the all-time leading accredited Oklahoma-bred runner.
Kip Deville is further proof that a truly good horse can come from anywhere. The 4-year-old winner of the NetJets Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) is the second Oklahoma-bred horse to win a Breeders' Cup World Championship race. The first was the outstanding mare Lady's Secret, who won the Distaff in 1986.
Kip Deville split horses at the top of the stretch and overtook a host of rivals with a strong move to win the $2 million NetJets Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) at Monmouth Park Oct. 27.
Mile specialist Kip Deville, once a speedy front-runner who has looked like a different horse since learning to rate for trainer Richard Dutrow Jr., outfought even-money choice Showing Up by a long neck to win Friday's $250,000 Maker's Mark Mile (gr. IIT) on the Keeneland grass course.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Pedigree Analysis: Inbreeding Trends
- Coltimus Prime Versus Ami's Holiday Again
- Muhtafal Retired from Stud in South Africa
- Former BH Librarian Theresa Fitzgerald Dies
- TVG Sweepstakes Offers Melbourne Cup Trip
- TimeformUS: The G2 Pennsylvania Derby
- Horseman Tom Harbut Dies at Age 94
- Demonstrative Narrow Victor in Lonesome Glory